Monday, January 23, 2006

D'oh!

I suppose my prediction was supposed to mean something special, but it is just as statistically insignificant as any other. Alyse knew she was supposed to come out yesterday, but she decided to stay the coziness--though very cramped--of her mother's womb.

This is most likely my fault for tying her fate to that of the Pittsburgh Steelers, but I honestly believe if I hadn't, the Steelers would have lost. Ergo, it was but for the greater good.

Though I believe she will come by Sunday, I reaffirm my faith in a February 2nd birthday. I won't cheat and count it as my prediction, but if it is to be Groundhog's Day, there will be some consolation.

I am hoping and praying, if not only for Charlotte's sake, Alyse will be here in time to see the Steelers win the Super Bowl.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I am still unclear on why you tied a Steelers appearance in the AFC title game to a Jan 22 Alyse arrival. Assuming there was ever a logical connection in the first place.

And if your daughter would stop being so lazy, she could still come today and make me a winner.

DREW! said...

Logical smogical.

Though I widely predicted a Steeler victory over the Indianapolis "It's their year" Colts (Hague, 1/14/06) I felt it a most improbable victory—sentiment being, if the 6th ceded wild card team could trump the top-ranked team in the NFL, maybe my girl could come two weeks early.

And let's not forget your little speech!