Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Down to the Wire

Well, it's official. The newest addition to the Allen family will be making her appearance no later than this Saturday, June 2, in the year of our Lord, 2007.

Charlotte went to Dr. Mauldin yesterday, and he was more than impressed with Alexa's preparedness to depart the womb. In fact, after observing Alex's nearness to the exit, he casually mentioned there was no real reason to wait past this weekend to coax her out. He made the post-thought that he was already on-call this Saturday, so it was just as good a time as any.

Shannon, a co-worker in my office pointed out that Charlotte will deliver before Saturday, as Friday is scheduled to be a full moon.

So maybe today. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe Friday. But definitely by Saturday I will snuggle my second daughter in my arms for the first time.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, I am sure that this was good news to Charlotte. The best part of pregnancy....the finale! Good luck to you both, hope all goes well and I love you all!

DREW! said...

Thanks, Amanda. Be prepared to be assaulted with pictures soon!