Friday, April 06, 2007

The Allen Girls



My heart swells with pride that, of the four or five words Alyse says meaningfully, baby is one of them. She'll pull Charlotte's shirt up, point to her belly, and ask, "Baby?"

I've long been a believer that little babies and toddlers have eerie powers, especially where non-verbal communication is concerned, and Alex's movement in correlation to Alyse's proximity to Charlotte's pregnant tummy seems to support these implications. To me, anyway.





I also know that having two girls, back-to-back, is some sort of divine conspiracy to transform me into a sensitive, patient, emotional lug of a push-over, because I'm already like putty in Alyse's hands. I start to tear up at commercials that show little girls and their daddies, where once I would turn away in disgust.

Among Charlotte, Alyse, & Alexa, we are growing a mighty Allen family gynocracy. Even if we have two, three, even six more girls, I would love every second of it.




And remember, the evil bunny is watching you.

1 comment:

Silverthornes said...

sweet pic! artsy